You should try and start planning your overseas study plans as early as possible. Ideally you should start 12 months prior to the intake that you are targeting. Follow the below guide to plan your journey:
- Planning: This is a critical step in the process, wherein Overseas Grad helps you research on the courses available, based on your profile, budget and the potential job opportunities in the field of study.
- Shortlisting Universities: We help you shortlist the target universities based on your profile, preference and field of interest. We discuss the available options with you at length.
- Entrance Exams: Entrance exam is one of the conditions that you need to meet while applying to study overseas. We recommend appearing for these exams ahead of time to receive unconditional offers from the education institutes. The minimum required IELTS/TOEFL/PTE academic scores vary for Bachelors and Postgraduate programs.
- Commence the Application Process: We will guide you through the entire application process and provide you the list of all relevant documents required to start applying. New Zealand Universities usually make a decision within four to eight weeks. The fee payment is required to be made when you receive the offer letter from the university. This is usually issued within two to three days of accepting the offer. Once the course fee payment is made, we will assist you in the student visa application process.
Along with the application form, you need to attach the following documents.
- English language test scores
- Certified copies of academic transcripts
- Certified copies of all graduation or school certificates
- English translations of all documents, if not in English
- Letter from a scholarship provider (if applicable)
- Letter of Recommendation (preferably from previous employers)
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Research proposal with two research supervisors’ names and list of prior research publications will be required only for Masters in research and PH.D
- Copy of your passport
- Notarised Documents
- Portfolio (this depends on the course)
- Proof of funds – You will be required to provide the following as evidence of funds:
- Proof of funds for your tuition fees
- Proof of funds showing the 12-month living costs for students which is NZD $15,000
- Proof of funds to purchase a ticket out of NZ or evidence that you enough money to buy one