Cost of Study
Cost of education depends on the course and university that you choose to study from. We have collated the average fee information for you in the below table.
|Study Program||Average fee (in SGD)|
|Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Specialist Diploma Program||$10,000 to $25,000 per year|
|Bachelor Degree||$25,000 to $40,000 per year|
|Master’s Degree||$25,000 to $50,000 per year|
|Doctoral Degree||$40,000 to $80,000 per year|
Cost of student visa
- Processing Fee – A processing fee of $30 is required for every application submitted to ICA. The fee is non-refundable.
- Issuance Fee – A $60 issuance fee is charged on every student’s pass issued and a further $30 multiple-entry visa fee. The fee is payable when the successful applicant completes the formality to collect the Student’s Pass.
Cost of health insurance
It is mandatory by Universities in Singapore to have Medical Insurance while studying in Singapore. The cost of Medical Insurance is included in the course fees by the Universities. Hence, there is no option to opt-out of this service. This is a standard rule across all university courses.
Cost of Living
Cost for student only – Evidence of funds to cover living expenses and your course fee. Evidence required is as below –
• Proof of funds for your tuition fees
• Proof of funds showing the 12-month living costs for students which is SGD $8,400
Proof of financial sources: Funds that you have to show should be in the liquid form. Following are the most acceptable sources:
- Bank Balance: As per the student visa rules, candidate has to show funds which must be minimum 1 day old from date of visa application.
- Fixed Deposits: If it’s a fixed deposit, then bank must issue a letter confirming the availability of the funds. Bank letter must be dated less than 30 days from the date of visa.
- Bank Loan: If you have taken an education loan, then you will have to provide bank loan sanction letter. The educational loan must be unconditional ie. no formalities should be pending (except for receiving visa itself) before the funds could be disbursed to your university.
The below table indicates average rental expenses.
|Accommodation type||Expenses (Indicative)|
|Housing & Development Board (HDB) Flats||$200-$1000|
Other Living Expenses –
|Groceries and eating out||$350-$500|
|Phone and Internet||$40-$50|